Members & Board
Thomas M. Farasy
- (Terra Verde Communities) Chairman of the Board Mr. Farasy is a multi family builder/developer with his last project being the Mosaic at Metro, a 260 market rate rental apartment community on the WMATA Prince George’s Plaza Metro Stop of the Green Line, in Hyattsville, Maryland.
- (Ballard Spahr) Secretary Ms. Vaias is Of Counsel at Ballard Spahr. Ms. Vaias practices land use, zoning, municipal and administrative law in Maryland (Prince George’s, Montgomery and Charles Counties) and the District of Columbia. She represents local and national developers, builders of residential and commercial projects, retailers, business owners and individuals before administrative, legislative and judicial bodies.
Elyse Brown Force
- (Terra Verde Communities) TreasurerMs. Force, LEED AP BD+C is a developer of multifamily and mixed-use projects that realize the benefits of transit-oriented development and sustainable design. This includes the re-development of the Prince George’s Plaza Metro Station and strategic planning and entitlements for properties along the Purple Line. She has served on state, county and community task forces focused on sustainability, transit-oriented development and smart growth.
- (Forest City Enterprises) Vice PresidentAndre U. Banks is Forest City Washington’s (FCW’s) Director of CBE/MBE and Workforce Development. In this capacity he is responsible for coordinating with FCW’s Development and Construction Teams to ensure that FCW utilizes the District’s Local Small and Disadvantaged Business Enterprises (LSDBEs) and meets/exceeds its participation and creativity goals for the project. In addition, he is responsible for the Small Minority Business participation (MDOT Certified) on FCW’s future projects in Maryland.
F. Hamer Campbell, Jr.
- (Maryland-National Capital Building Industry Association)
- (House of Delegates, District 22, State of Maryland)Delegate Gaines has been a delegate since 2001. Delegate Gaines serves on the Appropriations Committee as Chair of the Transportation and the Environment Subcommittee. She also serves as Chair of the Prince Georges County Hospital, and Vice Chair of Dimensions Healthcare System.
- (Manager, Intergovernmental Affairs Division, Office of the Prince George’s County Executive)Lisa Jackson, Esquire is Director of Intergovernmental Relations for Prince George’s County Executive Rushern L. Baker. Lisa has a wide range of experience in areas dealing with growth and development in the metropolitan region. She practiced land use law for several years in the D.C. metropolitan region, served for several years as an Associate General Counsel for the Maryland National Capital Park and Planning Commission and worked for two governors, including several years as a deputy legislative officer for Governor Martin O’Malley where her portfolio included legislation related to the environment, natural resources, planning and energy.
David C. Harrington
- (President & CEO, Prince George’s County Chamber of Commerce)
- (University of Maryland)Jane Mulliken has held the position of Assistant to the Vice President for Administration & Finance at the University of Maryland since 2004. Prior to that she served as staff to Members of the U.S. House of Representatives and the Senate.
Craig M. Muckle
- (Safeway, Inc., Manager, Public Affairs and Government Relations Eastern Division)Mr. Muckle has served as Safeway’s Manager, Public Affairs/Government Relations since joining the company in August 1997 with prior career stops at ESPN, BET and Rite Aid. During his tenure at Safeway, he has served on numerous boards including the Prince George’s Chamber (served as Chairman and represented the organization when the Purple Line was first announced in 2008), the Greater Bowie Chamber and Envision Prince George’s.
- (O’Malley, Miles, Nyles & Gilmore, PA, Managing Director)Mr. Shipp has been actively involved in Prince George’s County for over 25 years. He is a past Chairman of the Chamber of Commerce, a Life Director of the Maryland National Capital Building Industry Association, and current Chairman of the Prince George’s Community Foundation. Through both his representation of clients and his volunteer activities in the community, Mr. Shipp is committed to the advancement of Prince George’s County.
- (Developer, New Carrollton)