March 9: Transit Night in Annapolis
Tell our legislators the Purple Line is our top priority
Dear Purple Rail Alliance Supporters, There have been lots of articles about Governor Hogan’s position on transit projects. The danger is real, powerful constituencies are speaking up. Let’s make sure our delegates and senators know how important this project is to us. Please join us in Annapolis to meet with your elected officials and send a strong message! SIGN UP:http://ow.ly/IPhvZ
When: Monday, March 9, 2015, 5-8pm.
Where: 6 Bladen Street, Annapolis, MD. We will let you know what room to meet in by e-mail.
Who: Purple Line Now, Action Committee for Transit, and the Coalition for Smarter Growth are organizing, Purple Rail Alliance is supporting it as well.
Getting there: We wish there was transit service to Annapolis, but since there isn’t, we’ve set up a carpool site here: http://www.groupcarpool.com/t/y32n0u. If you need a ride, or can offer one, please sign up!
The schedule: We will be in Annapolis from 5pm-8pm, and encourage you to arrive when you can. We will have a room available at 5pm to gather and organize those going to meet with legislators. We will be scheduling meetings to start at 6pm, before legislators start their session at 8pm.
Help us flood Annapolis on March 9th – please spread the word to your networks and don’t forget to wear your purple!
Thank you for your support for the Purple Line at this critical time!
Issues of Interest:
• On February 4th, both Montgomery and Prince George’s County Executives and the President of University of Maryland rallied business leader support, and both counties declared this was their top transportation priority.
• Voices the Governor cares about are speaking up: Chambers of Commerce, business leaders, and even the association of road builders have praised the project’s economic benefits and its innovative public-private partnership.
• We painted social media Purple on inauguration day and the media noticed.
• We’re in the Governor’s budget, showing the state can afford it.
• The entire D.C.-Baltimore Congressional delegation has spoken up in support and$100 million is in the Federal Budget.
• According to a recent poll, 2/3s of Montgomery County adults and nearly 6 out of 10 in Prince George’s, Howard, and Anne Arundel adults want to see the project through, as well as a plurality of all Marylanders.
Please feel free to contact us for additional information:email@example.com
Download pdf: Click here